• What digital platforms are students currently using to develop their professional network?

According to my research, I believe the digital platforms that students are currently using are often Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Those social platforms allow students to be active in social media and joining private and group discussions with others. On the other hand, the Google engine would also be a helpful tool for students to establish professional networks since the search engine would really be effective to look up information and find all the efficient sources. Those interactions online accommodate students to build professional networks in the digital world.

• What can you (as a student) consider to expand your professional learning network?

There are different ways for students to expand professional learning platforms. For me, the most efficient way is to use the search engine and look up different resources of the problems or subject. For example, I have registered a Khan Academy account to help with my economy courses. These platforms combine videos and notes that explain the contents thoroughly. Therefore, my way would be to stay aware of the new apps and sources to expand my own learning network.

•  In your network, how can you create a digital identity/reputation?

I think to establish a digital identity and reputation in my voice, individuals need to create their own voice outside the brand of the organization and follow their own footprints online. The digital identity can be shaped in many forms, and it can help through different aspects and situations in life. That is to spend more time to obtain a clear sense of purpose and define self-awareness in online platforms. I have published my own reflections and bits of advice to help me thoughtfully shape our digital presence.

• Consider what a local employer would do if you applied for a job with them – can they search the content, is it of benefit to the career path, does it hinder the opportunity of employment?

I think it is unlikely for the local employer or company to search for my personal digital identity. However, by search the content help to obtain more information about their employees. Since digital identity helps to shape a person’s personality, and knowing their account helps to evaluate the employee from different perspectives. However, the employer needs to stay unbiased and professional.